Wave Mitigation Project
The August 19 Wave Mitigation Project was an opportunity for the Wave Mitigation Committee and EYC Board to share with members the process and the progress so far. The minutes from this meeting are available for review.
Here's a summary of other members' thoughts, concerns, and suggestions:
If you would like to share your questions, comments, or concerns with the Board of Trustees and the Wave Mitigation Committee prior to the meeting, please fill out the following short form.
Here is background information on this project.
- Data provided to Mott MacDonald, the consulting firm selected to prepare project alternatives
- High Level Screening of Alternatives - the report prepared by Mott MacDonald for the Wave Mitigation Committee
- Drawings of EYC of various alternatives
- Final Wave Mitigation Report from Mott MacDonald
- EYC Cost Estimates - estimates of the various alternatives. Please note that contingencies were not considered in the weighted review conducted by the Wave Mitigation Committee since it was not ready to consider timing or means of construction or other potential factors that would modify contingency values.
- EYC Breakwater Weighted Pro/Con Study - a tool used by the committee to select a recommended solution. Alternative #4 was the favored scenario.
- Sketch of Committee's Final Recommendation - slightly modified from Mott MacDonald's Alternative #4.